On September 26, at 8 and 10 p.m., the Liepāja Art Forum in collaboration with HIFF (Haifa Independent Film Festival) from Palestine invite attendees to discover the landscape of Palestinian cinematic art.
This special film night, which will take place at a meeting place beloved by many locals, culture house Wiktorija, will feature four films and short films created by Palestinian independent filmmakers in different genres, which will show the audience four different views on the landscape of Palestinian art, political processes and historical contexts.
Palestine Underground is a story of underground collectives who use music to build bridges over the conditionality of political restrictions in order to find a common sound and a common identity. The short Strawberry tells about the dream of a worker to see the sea beyond the borders of Israel. Thank God It’s Friday! documents the co-existence between a Palestinian village and its opposite Israeli settlement, and The Wanted 18 uses the languages of documentary cinema and stop motion animation to tell about the fight of the Israeli army against 18 Palestinian cows.
Before the screening, director of the HIFF festival and film director Rojeh Khalif will address the audience.
The films will be shown in their original language with Latvian subtitles.
8 p.m. screening (total duration: up to 1 hour):
· Palestine Underground. Boiler Room Documentary;
10 p.m. screening (total duration: up to 2 hours 20 minutes):
· Thank God It’s Friday!
· The Wanted 18.
The contents of the film are not appropriate for children. The films are suitable for persons over 16 years of age.
Ticket price for each screening: 5.00 euros (pre-sale). 7.00 euros on the day of the event.
Place: Kultūras nams “Wiktorija”, Graudu iela 34, Liepāja
Organized by: Great Amber
Supported by: Liepāja City Council, Liepāja Culture Department and State Culture Capital Foundation
Information about tickets
Unnumbered seats are sold for LAF2020 events, therefore seat reservations cannot be made. The guest shall take any available seat with consideration of state-mandated COVID-19 related restrictions.
The following discount categories are available for tickets*:
• Students, teachers, seniors – 25%;
• Persons with group I and II disabilities and their companions – 50%;
• Family tickets: 1 or 2 adults + 2 (or more) children – 25% (available only at ticket offices);
• Group tickets: 10-30 persons – 20%, 30 and more persons – 25%.
NB! The ticket owner must show a valid verification document when purchasing the ticket and attending the event.
* Discounts apply to tickets starting from 7 euros. Available discounts do not apply to the children’s performance Poo and Spring. A 25% discount applies to events for children if purchasing 5 and more tickets. Free admission for children up to 2 years of age. Separate tickets must be purchased for children older than 2.
tel. + 371 6342555
Radio iela 8, Liepaja, Latvia, LV-3401