Poet and translator Guntars Godiņš once told that he had to go to a culture house together with Inese Zandere to calm the storm of reactions towards the thorn that had pierced the pages of a children’s book. This thorn is likely to have been the literary character Poo by Estonian writer Andrus Kivirähk, however, the number of sold copies of Godiņš’ Latvian translation tend to indicate that both children and their parents are thrilled by Kivirähk’s jokes and the author’s relaxed world-view. The book addresses important topics of the growing-up process of a child – dressing, learning to read, kindergarten relationships. The stories selected for the play reveal connections between these processes that the child may not have discovered yet, for example, the way warm clothing is related to getting sick.
Director Poo and Spring, Jānis Znotiņš, says: “I produce children’s plays to be able to teach children a meaningful lesson while joking around, so they could learn something new. I believe Andrus Kivirähk has achieved this goal brilliantly with his stories – he reaches a deep meaning about the way things are in the world, through provocative silliness.” The performance has been created with the assumption that “in order for you to learn something, you have to make it interesting and fun”, says actress Ance Muižniece.
Duration: Approximately 1 hour, no intermission
Tickets: 8.00 euros
Place: Liepāja concert hall Great Amber, Great Hall
Organized by: Great Amber. The performance has been created in collaboration with publishing house Liels un mazs
Supported by: Liepāja City Council and State Culture Capital Foundation
Information about tickets
Unnumbered seats are sold for LAF2020 events, therefore seat reservations cannot be made. The guest shall take any available seat with consideration of state-mandated COVID-19 related restrictions.
The following discount categories are available for tickets*:
• Students, teachers, seniors – 25%;
• Persons with group I and II disabilities and their companions – 50%;
• Family tickets: 1 or 2 adults + 2 (or more) children – 25% (available only at ticket offices);
• Group tickets: 10-30 persons – 20%, 30 and more persons – 25%.
NB! The ticket owner must show a valid verification document when purchasing the ticket and attending the event.
* Discounts apply to tickets starting from 7 euros. Available discounts do not apply to the children’s performance Poo and Spring. A 25% discount applies to events for children if purchasing 5 and more tickets. Free admission for children up to 2 years of age. Separate tickets must be purchased for children older than 2.
tel. + 371 6342555
Radio iela 8, Liepaja, Latvia, LV-3401